February 3, 2019 / Sermon
IS CHRISTIANITY TOO NARROW?
John 14:6; Acts 17:16-34
John 14:6 (ESV) — 6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
- GOD IS WORTH INVESTIGATING (Acts 17:17-23)
A Person Should Seek to Examine Facts to Determine Truth (John 8:32)
- Truth Excludes It's Opposite (Which means something contrary is false)
- Paul Proposed Questions, Praised Their Efforts, Proclaimed truth w/ Respect
- Our Goal: Be able to maintain & proclaim our faith in Jesus among people who are not comfortable with exclusive claims about God.
- GOD CREATED THE WORLD (Acts 17:24-29; Romans 1st chapter)
God Is The Sovereign Creator & Sustainer Of All Things. (Acts 17:24-25)
- (V.26b) God brought life through one man. He's over history & the human race.
- (V.26c) God rules over time, seasons, & National boundaries.
- (V.27-29) If men & women are created in the image of God, then God is a living being.
- GOD WANTS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH ALL MANKIND (Acts 17:30-34)
Christ wants to Exclusively Bless ALL People With Eternal Life (John 3:14-17)
- Rom 3:23 (ALL have sinned); 1 Tim 2:3-4 (God wants ALL people to be Saved)
- Titus 2:11-13 (The grace that saves has appeared to ALL people)
- Some Will Reject God (Acts 17:32)
- Some Will Have an interest with no commitment (Acts 17:32)
- Some Will Believe and Follow Christ (Acts 17:33-34; Romans 10:9-10)
- Acts 4:12 (Only Christ CAN save ALL); John 14:6 (ALL man must come to Jesus)
- (taught) So (John 3:14-17; 14:6)
- Faith In Christ is Sufficient for Salvation
- Faith in Christ Is Necessary for Salvation
- S. Lewis once said – "Christ Himself didn't leave that option open to us. Either He is Lord over all, or He isn't Lord at all."
- Critics have said that Christianity is
- An Arrogant, bigoted and narrow-minded to believe trust in Jesus is the only way
- – Religious pluralism and tolerance exclusivity claim is politically incorrect and a verbal slap in the face of other religious systems.
- Another name for it is Cultural Relativism. Where no facts are considered universally true at all times, at all places, for all people, and in all cultures.
- It's been noised that with over 7 Billion people on the earth, many of them worship over 300 gods in total.
- Unfair to Deny Salvation to those who sincerely follow other religions
- Salvation is by God's Grace alone (not us & not by our works) ..
Get in TouchContact Us